Here are some of the track notes I’ve used over the years…
Comprehensive Online, Australia & NZ
- Australia wide:
- New Zealand wide:
New South Wales, Australia
- Sydney area: A Day in the Bush
- Blue Mountains: Blue Mountains Best Bushwalks; also a (paid) website
- Shoalhaven: Best Walks of the Shoalhaven
- Southern Highlands: Best Walks of the Southern Highlands (plus there’s a new edition)
- Southern NSW & the ACT: Take a Walk in Southern NSW & the ACT
- Mid North Coast of NSW: Best Walks of NSW Mid North Coast
- Sydney and beyond: Wildwalks
- Blue Mountains: Blue Mountains Best Bushwalks; also a book
- All NSW: National Parks and Wildlife Service
- North-East NSW: Coffs Trails blog
Rest of Australia
- Tasmania: Day Walks Tasmania
- Queenstown and Central Otago: Day walks of Central Otago & the Queenstown Lakes District (possibly out of print, which is a shame)
- Canterbury Foothills (near Christchurch): Canterbury Foothills and Forests: A Walking and Tramping Guide. A really comprehensive guide to walks in the region roughly west of Christchurch, but east of the Southern Alps.
- DOC website: a list of all tracked walks on Department of Conservation (DOC) land.
- Wilderness Magazine: Their online subscription gives you access to a large and expanding database of trip reports throughout NZ.
arthurspass.com Climbing Guide Wiki: Brief route notes for trampers and mountaineers for numerous peaks in Arthur’s Pass National Park, Craigieburn Forest Park and Korowai Torlesse Tussocklands Park.