You might find the following blogs interesting…
- David Noble Blog: Bushwalker, outdoorsman and nature enthusiast, with a particular interest in the NSW Blue Mountains. Link is to the bushwalking section.
- Dogs Allowed: A blog on dog friendly hikes in NSW.
- Southern Alps Photography: Kiwi mountaineer and serious tramper presents mouth watering photos of his numerous multi-day walks in New Zealand. Great mountain porn and ideas for walks. I kind of modelled my blog on his.
- Alice Adventuring: Kiwi hiker. I’ve not yet looked over Alice’s blog in detail, but I know she posts useful articles on multi-day walks for beginners. I’ll check them out when I’m ready to start over-nighting myself. She also works as a hiking guide for Bushman Tours.
- Ponytail Pretty: A Canadian, currently (2019) living in NZ. Does a fair few day-hikes in the Canterbury region. Link is to the NZ hiking section.