You might find the following blogs interesting…
- David Noble Blog: Bushwalker, outdoorsman and nature enthusiast, with a particular interest in the NSW Blue Mountains. Link is to the bushwalking section.
- Dogs Allowed: A blog on dog friendly hikes in NSW.
- Hiking the World: Many Australian but also overseas walks, both day-walks and multi-day walks. Good track information and nice pictures. This blog is very similar to mine in fact: he’s also from Sydney, we keep doing the same walks, and also take very similar pictures.
- Southern Alps Photography: Kiwi mountaineer and serious tramper presents mouth watering photos of his numerous multi-day walks in New Zealand. Great mountain porn and ideas for walks. I kind of modelled my blog on his.
- Alice Adventuring: Kiwi hiker. I’ve not yet looked over Alice’s blog in detail, but I know she posts useful articles on multi-day walks for beginners. I’ll check them out when I’m ready to start over-nighting myself. She also works as a hiking guide for Bushman Tours.
- Ponytail Pretty: A Canadian, currently (2019) living in NZ. Does a fair few day-hikes in the Canterbury region. Link is to the NZ hiking section.
The Hiking Life “…is a compilation of tips and advice on trip planning, lightweight backpacking techniques, and improving your wilderness skill set. It contains detailed information for more than 200 of the world’s great hikes and was put together with the mission of inspiring and enabling folks to go backpacking.” His extensive walks list include Australian and NZ walks, but lots more.